An opportunity to change the way you travel, save money and emissions.
What is the Alpinexpress pass
The AlpinExpress Pass offers exclusive discounts for people travelling by train to the mountains. We understand that train travel may not always be the most affordable or fastest option, so we’ve collaborated with local partners to provide a wide range of discounts for your stay. Our goal is to incentivize visitors to choose train travel and contribute to preserving the alpine environment.
How does it work?
- Book your train ticket
- Send us your proof of purchase
- Receive personalised PDF certificate
- Use certificate by email when reserving accommodation, ski rental, transfers etc or on your phone when are paying for services in resort.
Email your travel details to firstname.lastname@example.org including
– Proof of purchase from rail provider
– Full names of traveller/s
– Dates of arrival AND departure
Why travel by train?
The average temperature in the Alps has risen by more than twice the global average, that’s over 2 degrees celsius…
The majority of your emissions from a ski holiday are from flying. So until electric short haul flights go mainstream (hopefully in the 2030’s!), the best way to enjoy a low carbon ski holiday is to make your way to the Alps by train.
Travelling by train from the UK or Paris to the Alps can reduce the ecological footprint of your journey by over 80%! Read our Train Vs Plane blog to learn more.
- DO I GET A DISCOUNT ON MY TRAIN TICKET?
The AlpinExpress provides discounts for those who have travelled by train. It does not entitle you to a discount on your train ticket.
- WHERE IS THE NEAREST TRAIN STATION?
The closest train station to Morzine – Avoriaz – Les Gets is Cluses. From there you can get picked up by one of our participating transfer company partners and with your pass you will receive a discount.
- CAN MY BUSINESS BECOME A PARTNER?
We would love to have you on board! Fill in this form to sign your business up.
- DOES IT COUNT IF TAKE THE TRAIN TO THE AIRPORT?
No. If you take a train to an airport and fly to Geneva (or any other alpine airport), you do not qualify for an AlpinExpress Pass. This initiative is to promote rail travel as an alternative, not a supplement.
- HOW FAR DO I HAVE TO HAVE TRAVELLED?
The pass is valid for those travelling outside of a 100km of Morzine.